e mërkurë, 14 maj 2008

My Sexy Future as a BWM



We all have (i think) thrilling visions of our future selves. Mine usually involves me sitting on the porch of my sometimes cabin sometimes farmhouse with a shotgun.

But lately i have a new fantasy.

I am sitting at a writing desk, reading glasses cozily astride my sizable nose, examining documents, and crunching numbers on a calculator. I'm paying my bills and managing my accounts. I'm hot for my Roth, so i give it a taste, even though i know i should be focusing on my workaday savings account. I'm on top of that FICO score, and riding it. Is there anything sexier than being your own accounts manager? oh, the power. oh, the glory.


i had this delivered the other day:


i highly recommend it. sure, it has the word fabulous in it, and this is a little off-putting (reading aloud to kevin i censored the fabulous part every time it reared its head, and opted to vocalize only the young&broke part), and the woman on the cover looks like she owns a craft store, but it's the key to my new fantasy of the future.

while i realize i would have made fun of me for getting my finances in order a few years ago, i now find money management an irresistible avenue for self-exploration.

now i just have to get and hold down a job.
or maybe i don't.
sigh.
oh, suze.

-dr. honey

2 komente:

alliboo cream stunner tha...

i think i saw her on oprah once while i was flipping through the tv hopelessly looking for something interesting to watch at 4pm (no dice). i found her to be very off putting, but maybe it was a snap judgment. sell me.

-cream rinse

p.s. did you see the oprah with the dog who had no front legs? CRAZY!

Anonim tha...

that sounds infinitely more interesting than what i blogged about.
-a