e hënë, 16 shkurt 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

(this is also on myspace bloggie, but hey, no one uses myspace anymore anyhow)

To me From me

this valentine's day i went to my parents' house (duh, of course i did! they give me candy and cards and make me feel generally pathetic). i cleaned out my room, something i do in stages every time i am home, and JACKPOT! i found my diary from 1998.

i kept diaries all throughout my adolescence, but even at the time i knew that shit was embarrassing, and would throw them away when they were full, to keep Future Allison from shame. but it seems i missed a year.

So lame, melodramatic, and funny, i am definitely going to post some of it soon. crappy love poetry galore! ALL FOR NATHAN (who?). a craptastic treasure trove. The only thing in it that didn't make me cringe was a page that read:
Who has the prettiest eyes?
The ocean.

I also found some of my high school papers, tests, etc. with teacher's comments. I was a real quality smartass, it seems. But I remember myself being an earnest student! Oh man, the shit I wrote! If I were a teacher, I would have liked to kick me in the teeth. I'll post some of it later. I found a paper I wrote for Modern European History (i took that?) with a picture of a naked mole rat pasted to the front! For what reason, Past Allison? Past Allison, why? I think the best teacher comment, though, is "Philosophy is commanding. Grammar is not".

I ALSO found some photos of myself from around 13? 14? years old. I was really a chunky monkey! But the thing is nobody told me! I have always thought of myself (and continue to think of myself) as just pretty enough to get away with it. whatever it might be. But that, it seems, was not the case. I was fat and nobody bothered to tell me! Plus i had no style; I was very slovenly but other than that...nothin! corduroys and t-shirts. i am really disappointed. Maybe this was when i first began picking out my own clothes, not in a good way. i think i then went from having no style to having too much style, also not in a good way, and did get yearbook voted "Most Changed Since Freshman Year".

i also found an evaluation of myself that i made a friend fill out in 5th grade. It said my worst qualities were that i was "too crazy sometimes" and "likes the worst boys". hehheh. still true.

i found a song i wrote about an imaginary friend, and the handwriting is so cute, i must've just learned how to write, and let me tell you there were some definite lesbian undertones to this song. The imaginary friend was female and had "the softest hands". Is the jury still out? This imaginary friend had the usual chimeric qualities such as wings and a unicorn horn, but also THE VOICE OF A COW. i was very serious about her sonorous mooing voice.

more later, i need to sleep for a week with the covers pulled over my head.

Nuk ka komente: